27th SGIFF: In Conversation | Cinema Legend, Simon Yam
IN CONVERSATION WITH CINEMA LEGEND, SIMON YAM
4 DEC 2016, SUN / 11.00AM / 60MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
One of the most recognizable faces of Asian cinema, internationally acclaimed Hong Kong actor Simon Yam started from humble beginnings and worked his way up the industry. He became a household name with popular television series such as Return of the Condor Heroes (1983) and New Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre (1986). Upon entering the film industry in 1987, he has since appeared in over 200 movies, including Bullet in the Head (1991), Full Contact (1993), Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – The Cradle of Life (2003), Election (2005), and The Midnight After (2014). Find out how Simon Yam approaches his various acting roles, his big jump from television to blockbuster films, navigating between arthouse and commercial fare, and the secret behind his illustrious career.
Simon Yam is a veteran Hong Kong-based actor and film producer. He started his career as a model before finding his calling as an actor in the 1970s, signing with Hong Kong television network TVB. A true icon of Hong Kong cinema, Simon Yam has worked with some of Hong Kong’s most acclaimed directors such as Ringo Lam, Johnnie To and Ann Hui. He most recently starred in Malaysian director Ho Yuhang’s Mrs K (2016), opposite martial arts legend Kara Wai.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 3 Dec 2016, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
- The event description was updated. Diff#206375 2016-11-10 04:26:20
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 6 Bayfront Ave, 018974 Singapore